Acts may include singing, reading, dancing, music, sports demonstration, a skit, magic, comedy, juggling, or some other talent not listed!
Deadline to be considered for the show is Tuesday, January 17.
Parent volunteer meeting will be Friday, January 20 before school (8-9am).
Auditions will be Tuesday, January 31 and Friday, February 3 before school (8-9am).
List of acts will be finalized by Friday, February 10.
Dress rehearsal will be Monday, February 13 after school (3:30-5).
Performances will be Tuesday, February 14 at 9:30am and 7:00pm.
TO SIGN UP FILL OUT THE FORM HERE: http://tiny.cc/r33w7x
Submit any questions to Andy Potter at email@example.com.
In addition to student acts, we are looking for student volunteers to fill the following roles:
- MC/Host of the show
- Props & Costumes
- Flyer design (for Friday folders, and for the program the day of the show)
We are also looking for parent volunteers to mentor students and help run the show.
TALENT SHOW RULES
- All Parmalee students are invited to participate. Parents or teachers are welcome to volunteer, or participate as props or musical accompaniment.
- All acts will have a parental supervisor (for communications, to assure rehearsals happen, and to coordinate auditions. Parental supervisors are not required to be present at school for auditions or rehearsals).
- All acts must be memorized and performance-ready at the time of the audition.
- Any participating student may only be in one act.
- Acts should be no longer than 2 minutes in duration. If your act is longer than 2 minutes you will need special permission.
- If any prerecorded music or soundtrack is being used, submit the song name, artist, and a link to the song (on youtube or spotify) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your song or soundtrack is unique and not findable online, send an mp3 to email@example.com. Song lyrics should be reviewed by parent advisors before submission.
- No acts involving food.
- Karaoke acts (singing along with prerecorded music) are discouraged unless there is some type of routine that goes along with the song.
- Only music, lyrics, dress, and acts appropriate for elementary school audiences will be permitted.
- All participating students must provide a permission form, including parent’s signature and contact information. The permission form can be found at http://tiny.cc/r33w7x.
- All students must follow district behavior guidelines to participate in this school-related, PTA-sponsored activity.